The choir has been awarded in 75 national and international competitions being designated as the best Greek choir, having gained the GRAND PRIX of Greek choirs in Athens international competition in 1994, two bronze medals in the international chamber’s choirs competition in TAKARAZUKA-Japan in 1993 (Chamber Mixed Choir), two bronze medals in the 1rst Choir Olympiad in LINZ-Austria in 2000 (Mixed Choir), two gold medals in Athens and Preveza in 1997 and 2000 respectively (Byzantine Choir), five gold medals in Athens ( Children Choir-Children’s Choir Studio, Female choral ensemble ‘’Emmelia’’, 2001-2006), two gold medals in Athens and Rhodes in 2003 and 2004 respectively (Children’s Choir), a gold medal in Nafpaktos in 2003 (Mixed Choir) and two silver medals in Preveza and Athens ( Female Chamber Choir- Mixed Choir 2004).
The POLYPHONIC CHOIR OF PATRAS, which in July 2000, performed the "Byzantine Oratorio" of Patras Very Reverend Metropolitan Bishop Nicodemus, in HERODIO, consists of the groups below:
1. PRE-CHILDREN CHOIR (conductor DIMITRA PITSOU, assistant conductor ELENI MOUZAKI, pianist MARINA MYLONA, 8 awards, 50 members)
2. CHILDREN'S CHOIR (conductor ARETOUSA NIKOLOPOULOU, pianist MARINA MYLONA, 17 awards, 50 members)
3. YOUTH CHOIR (conductor DIMITRA PITSOU, pianist ALBENA PENKOVA, 1 award, 30 members)
4. MIXED CHOIR (conductor STAVROS SOLOMOS, piano LUSI CHRISTODOULOU, 15 awards, 80 members)
5. BYZANTINE CHOIR (conductor YANNIS KOTTOROS, 7 awards, 30 members)
6. FEMALE CHORAL ENSEMBLE "EMMELIA" (conductor ALBENA PENKOVA, pianist ARETOUSA NIKOLOPOULOU, 2 awards, 40 members)
7. PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA (maestro GEORGE BOURDOPOULOS, 45 members]
8. THEATRICAL STUDIO (Director ATHINA KALLIMANI, 50 members)
The POLYPHONIC CHOIR OF PATRAS is one of Patras most considerable cultural elements, honoured time and time again by Patras private sectors as well as by the Municipality of Patras, the Patras Holy See, the Holy Synod of the Greek Church, the University of Patras, the Prefecture of Achaia etc.
The choir is also a member of the INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION FOR CHORAL MUSIC, of EUROPA CANTAT, of FOERDERVEREIN INTERKULTUR e.v., of ACTION AID and an establishing member of HELLENIC CHOIR’ S ASSOCIATION.
The choir's administration consists of a 7-member Board of Directors, the President of which is the Professor, Mr. YANNIS KOTTOROS.