- 69 members
- 15 awards
Mixed Choir of the Polyphonic Choir of Patras, was founded in 1983. It is the firstly-established group of the Organization consisting of 70 members and a member of the International Federation of Choral Music, European Choral Association- Europa Cantat, Interkultur, Musica Mundi, Action Aid etc.
The 70 membered choir has performed in more than 300 Concerts in Greek cities and abroad, appearing many times in Greek TV and Radio as well.
With more than 15 prizes in international and local competitions, the group’s memorable moments, include travelling in Pescara (Italy 1984), Debrecen (Hungary 1988), Loretto (Italy 1990), Llangollen (Wales 1991), Nicosia- Limassol (Cyprus 1999), Lintz (Austria 2000), Loretto (Italy 2001).
Additionally, the choir has participated and organized many concerts honoring famous Greek composers one of which was held in Herodian Atticus Theater in Athens.
In April 2006, more than 1.500 attendees, from Greece and abroad, participated in the 1st International Symposium for choral music that the choir organized and in 2008 the group sung in the reception ceremony of the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople of the Eastern Orthodox Church, Bartholomew.
Recently, Mixed choir sung besides the famous Greek Composers, Giannis Markopoulos and Stephanos Korkolis.
From 1996, the choir organizes and participates in the greatest Christmas celebration in the city of Patras, the highly anticipated: '' Christmas Concert ''.
The choir participated at:
- 1984, International Choir Meeting in Pescara-Italy
- 1985, 2nd Prize in Athens Choir Festival
- 1986-87-89, 1st, 2nd, & 14th participation in Patras International Festivals - Recording with BP Greece, Ltd
- 1988, Folklor Prize in International Choir Competition in Debrecen-Hungary. The choir also performed in EZSTERGOM invited by MONTEVERDI CHOIR.
- 1990, International Religious Festival in Loreto-Italy
- 1990, Bronze medal in Athens International Choir Festival
- 1991, World Choir Competition in Langollen-Wales, UK
- 1992, Cooperation with ERA on religious songs conducted by the composer Kostas Klavvas in Patras
- 1994, Organisation of 3rd Greek Choir Conference in Patras
- 1989-1996, Autumn Sonatas with the participation of: Takis Kallivokas (1989), Takis Morakis & Nadia Konstantopoulou (1990), Kostas Klavvas-Mimis Plessas & Yannis Vogiantzis (1991), Giorgos Katsaros (1992), Manos Chatzidakis (1994), Giorgos Mouzakis (1995), Kostas Chatzis & Viky Moscholiou (1995-1996), Yovanas Kalpaktsi (1997)
- 1994, Bronze medal in Athens International Choir Festival
- 1995-1998, Organization & institutionalization of Music Quests
- 1995 till today Organization & institutionalization of Christmas Concerts in Patras
- 1996, Cooperation with ERT orchestra on religious songs conducted by the composer Kostas Klavvas (St. Dionysios Areopagitis-Athens)
- 1999, Cooperation with the orchestra and the Choir of ERT, on "Hymn to Freedom"[National Hymn of Greece] in Greece and Cyprus (direction A. BALTAS- A. KONTOGEORGIOU )
- 2000, 2 Bronze medals in Classic & Folklore Categories in Choir Olympics in Linz-Austria
- 2000, Byzantine Oratorio of the Bishop of Patras Nikodimos Vallindras at Herodium (instrumentation, harmonization and conducted by Stavros Solomos) 01/07/2000 and at Ancient Odium of Patras, 19/09/2000
- 2001, Participation at the International Religious-Festival in Loreto-Italy
- 2001, 3rd Prize in Nafpaktos Choir Festival together with the Choir of 'Friends of Modern Music' of Athens
- 2001-2002, Organisation of honorary concerts for great Greek composers (2001: Mimis Plessas, 2002 Yiannis Spanos)
- 2001-2002, 1rst prize and gold medal in the 2nd Choir Festival of Nafpaktos together with the Choir of 'Friends of Modern Music' of Athens
- 2004, Silver medal in the 16th International Choir Festival of Athens
- 2004, Cooperation with the Philharmonic Orchestra of Korfu for the Christmas Concert in Patras
- 2004, Cooperation with the Symphony Orchestra of Chalkida (concert on cinematography music) and the Philharmonic Orchestra of Ioannina (extracts of Greek musical comedy)
- 2006, Organisation of 1rst International Choir Symposium/15th Panellenic Choir Symposium in the Conference & Cultural Centre of the University of Patras
- 2007, Concert on Mozart at the 'Apollon' Theatre of Patras with the Orchestra of Patras
- 2007, Participation in the 3rd International Religious Choir Festival in Rome-Italy
- 2007, Participation in the 3rd European Choir Festival in Limasol-Cyprus
- 2007, Christmas Concert with the Orchestra of the Municipality of Chalandri
- 2008, Performed "REQUIEM" of Luigi Cherubini with the Symphony Orchestra of Corfu
- 2008, Concert celebrating the 25 years of Polyphonic Choir at the Conference & Cultural Centre of the University of Patras
- 2008, Christmas concert at the Conference & Cultural Centre of the University of Patras with the Philharmonic Orchestra of the Municipality of Athens
- 2009, Participation in the International Choir Meeting in BANJA LUKA BOSNIA- HERZEGOVINA
- 2009, Christmas Concert with the Orchestra of Patras in the Conference & Cultural Centre of the University of Patras